Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sweet Basil Restaurant

My expectation of a Thai restaurant was that appetiser such as mango kerabu was a must on its menu. It was on the menu of Sweet Basil Restaurant in SS2, on the same row as the former Informatics College, which had long turned into a place called The Cave. I would order this appetiser at each Thai restaurant that I try, and when I asked for it, it was not available. My heart sank with disappointment, and I could not hold my tongue to sarcastically comment to the waiter on the non-availability. In its place was the Thai fish cakes.



Thai fish cake with lemongrass and french beans would have been a lot better had they been thinner. The chopped french beans in the cakes had played down the fragrance of lemongrass and rendered them bit chinesey.




Chicken tom yum was reasonably good as it was not too spicy, which diners with lower tolerance would enjoy.




Asparagus with chillie and shrimp paste was not too bad and good thing the asparagus was not too soft.




Sliced beef and basil in oyster sauce was really good. Beef was tender and succulent and well flavoured by basil.



Red ruby waterchestnut was the saving grace to my dinner as the shaved ice was extremely fine that it melted in the mouth the moment was each spoonful entered.

1 comment:

JoinMe.com.my said...

Hi PRINCESS HADRIANUS
Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks. ^^
P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.