Saturday, October 11, 2008

Peranakan Place

Adrian and I were window-shopping in 1Utama when we were approaching the Peranakan Place, a Peranakan restaurant located between the old and new wings. We decided to stop over for a quick lunch and some good cendol.

Tom Yum Noodles (vermicelli) was not up to my expectation, much to my disappointment. The soup was not as spicy and sour as I had hoped it'd be. Sigh.



The Peranakan Platter was a combo of rice, ulam (fresh long beans and chinese cabbage) and chicken rendang was quite good and it came with a dip of prawn paste, grinded red chillie and finely pounded dried shrimp for the fresh ulam.


The Sago with Gula Melaka was really good, and that kind of compensated for the disappointing Tom Yum noodles that I ordered.


Cendol was also very good, and one that Peranakan Place is famous for :)

No comments: