Monday, October 20, 2008

Kopitiam SFS 747


Recommended by another patient at the chiropractic clinic that I am currently seeking treatment at, I decided to try it out. This was also after my hubby and a few friends tried it out after his round-the-clock support at client's data centre.
Kon loh (Dry) wan tan noodles served with BBQ pork (char siew) from a stall in an ordinary nextdoor chinese coffeeshop in Sunwaymas Commercial Centre in Aman Suria. It was a long wait of 45 minutes as practically all tables were waiting for their servings. "This must be good," I thought. I almost finished my glass of 100 plus drink during the wait. Then the lady, presumably the hawker's wife, asked if we'd like to have the char siew with fats or lean. I askedfor one with lean meat and another with fats. Finally, the helper carried two plates in a tray headed for our table.

I dugged into the noodles having tossed them abit to get them evenly flavoured with the dark soy sauce. Chewing the first piece of char siew, I was not impressed. Came recommended and even my hubby, a pork lover, thought it was good. By the second piece, I was disappointed. I turned to tell him that he has to try the char siew at Meng Kee in Tengkat Tong Shin, or its branch in Glenmarie Shah Alam. That char siew was REALLY good. I am one that hardly take fatty part of any meat. The Meng Kee char siew were roasted to perfection, tasty flavourful on the outside, the inside was tender and the fats melted in the mouth. The other place is at Choon Yin coffeeshop, front corner lot of the same block of Happy Mansion flats as My Elephant in Section 17, Petaling Jaya.



Restoran 747
31-1, Jalan PJU 1/3D
Sunwaymas Commercial Centre
47301 Petaling Jaya

No comments: